Learn more about bringing a Friends Couple Enrichment event to your community, or follow the links below to learn more about attending an event that is already planned. If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
February 1, 2020: “Connecting from the Heart”: A one-day couple enrichment event in New London, CT. The retreat will be lead by John and Debbie Humphries. For more information, view this flyer or email John and Debbie at email@example.com. Registration deadline January 24. Register here.
March 20-22, 2020: “Facing Transitions Together: A Couple Enrichment Retreat”. This weekend retreat will be held at Pendle Hill Retreat Center in Wallingford, PA. The retreat will be co-led by Marsha and Mike Green, and Kathy and Jeff Richman. Registration available on the Pendle Hill Website.
June 28 – July 4, 2020: Friends General Conference Gathering Workshop, Radford, VA. Registration for this workshop will open in April, 2020.
Oct. 30 – Nov. 1, 2020: Couple Enrichment weekend at Ben Lomond Quaker Center, near Santa Cruz, CA. Led by Kathy and Jeff Richman. Nurture and deepen your couple relationship through communication exercises, couples dialog, worship and laughter. Practice addressing conflict in ways consistent with Quaker values. Make good relationships even better.
Past Events (2019):
November 15-17, 2019: Weekend retreat at the Weber Retreat and Conference Center in Adrian, Michigan. The retreat will be led by Merry Stanford and Peter Wood. For more information and for registration details, view this flyer (PDF).
November 15-17, 2019: Couple Enrichment Retreat at the Honolulu Friends Meeting, Hawaii. The retreat will be led by Scott Bell and Cathy Walling. For more information, email Jenny Foster (firstname.lastname@example.org), Resident Friend at Honolulu Friends Meeting.
October 19, 2019: “Creative Use of Conflict” – one day retreat at Bethesda Friends Meeting, from 9:30 to 4:30. For more information, contact Joan and Rich Liversidge.
July 13, 2019: “Taster” 90-minute information session about Friends Couple Enrichment workshops to be held at North Carolina Yearly Meeting (conservative) in Wilmington, NC. Contact email@example.com for more information.
June 30 – July 6, 2019: Couple Enrichment Workshops at the Friends General Conference Gathering in Grinnell, Iowa. Workshop #47, led by Sharon and Tom Baring.
June 21, 2019: “Taster” 90-minute information session about Friends Couple Enrichment workshops to be held at Ohio Valley Yearly Meeting in Richmond, Indiana. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
June 8, 2019: “Couple Enrichment, a Spiritual Practice” at Bethesda Meeting, Bethesda, MD. 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Led by Joan and Rich Liversidge. More details on flyer.
April 27, 2019: A one-day Couple Enrichment Workshop held at Durham Friends Meetinghouse, Durham NC, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. With the support of the Durham Friends Meeting, we will offer free childcare. The workshop will be followed by two optional evening sessions on May 8 and May 22 for more opportunities to practice witnessed dialogues. Contact Mike and Marsha Green at email@example.com for more information or view flyer.
April 6 & 13, 2019: Listening for What is Longing to be Expressed. This Friends Couple Enrichment Basic Workshop will be held at the Madison Monthly Meeting Meetinghouse, 1704 Roberts Court, Madison, WI 53711 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. each of the two Saturdays. Led by Pamela and Dave Minden. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for registration information.
March 15-17, 2019: Couple Enrichment at Pendle Hill Retreat Center, Wallingford, Pennsylvania. Led by Marsha and Mike Green.
March 8-10, 2019: Couple Enrichment weekend in Fairbanks, Alaska. This event is cosponsored by the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Fairbanks and Chena Ridge Friends Meeting (Quakers). Cost is $75 (or what you can afford). Led by Cathy Walling and Scott Bell. See flyer for more information or contact Scott Bell at email@example.com.
February 8-10, 2019: “Connecting From the Heart” Couple Enrichment at Woolman Hill Retreat Center, Deerfield Massachusetts. Led by Jon and Debbie Humprhies
Feb 22-24, 2019: “Wisdom’s Wonders: The Heart of Sacred Conversations”, an event hosted by Pittsburgh Friends Meeting. Led by Jamie and Dan Mudd. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
January 19, 2019, 6 p.m. potluck, 7:30 program: “Grow Your Relationship”. (This is a community event held as part of the Friends Couple Enrichment annual leader retreat at Sandy Spring Meeting, Maryland). To register, email email@example.com. View Brochure
Past Events (2018):
November 18, 2018, Signy Fridriksson and Steve Fick will lead a one-day workshop in Ottawa. Contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
October 26-28, 2018. Cathy Walling and Scott Bell will lead a Couple Enrichment weekend in Fairbanks. Contact email@example.com for details.
October 26-28, 2018. “Life Transitions: A Friends Couple Enrichment Workshop”, offered by Signy Fridriksson and Steve Fick in Lanark, Ontario (west of Ottawa). Registration form .
September 21-23, 2018: Couple Enrichment at Powell House in Old Chatham, NY. Led by John and Debbie Humphries.
August 25, 2018: Couple Enrichment one-day event at Mt. Eden Friends Meeting, Auckland, New Zealand. Offered by Mike and Marsha Green. Download flyer for more information: CE Flyer NZ Mt Eden Aug 2018
August 3-11, 2018: Steve Fick and Signy Fridriksson will hold a Special Interest Group about Couple Enrichment entitled “Relationships as Spiritual Practice” at Canadian Yearly Meeting (August 3-11) in Barrie, Ontario. Date to be determined. For more info contact firstname.lastname@example.org
July 2-6, 2018: Couple Enrichment workshop #47 at Friends General Conference Gathering in Toledo, Ohio. Led by Pamela and Dave Minden, and by Merry Stanford and Peter Wood. Registration opens April 2, 2018
June 27: 1-day workshop in Tauranga, New Zealand, led by Marsha and Mike Green.
June 1-6 Young Adult Conference at Pendle Hill on “Continuing Revolution: Building Intentional Lives!” will include Cathy Walling and Scott Bell as members of the presenting team for “Love and Relationships Day”. For more information, visit https://pendlehill.org/learn/continuing-revolution/#.WqLQYO7waL3
May 4-5, 2018: Couple Enrichment at the Unitarian Universalist fellowship in Fairbanks, AK sponsored by the UU fellowship. Led by Cathy Walling and Scott Bell. Download flyer.
April 7, 2018: Couple Enrichment one-day event in Palmerston North, New Zealand. Led by Mike and Marsha Green. CE Flyer NZ 2018
January 2018 – annual retreat of Couple Enrichment Leader Couples
- November 17-19, 2017: “Intentionally Tending our Relationship,” full weekend event, Friday evening through Sunday afternoon, led by Scott Bell and Cathy Walling in Fairbanks Alaska. For info, email email@example.com.
- October 28, 2017: “Communication Skills for Couples,” 9:00AM-3:00PM, introductory event led by Tom and Sharon Baring in Fairbanks, Alaska. For info, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- October 13 – 14, 2017: Friday evening and Saturday (all day) event for Orange grove Meeting, Pasadena, CA. Led by Kathy and Jeff Richman.
- July 2-8, 2017 at the Friends General Conference Summer Gathering in Niagara, New York. Sacred Conversations: Couple Enrichment. Two sessions: one led by Tom and Sharon Baring, and one led by Nancy Bronder and Philip Major.
- June 17-18, 2017 in Ottawa, Canada, co-led by Maria Gomez & José Maria Gonzalez and Steve Fick & Signy Fridriksson. Saturday, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., Sunday 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. View the flyer for more information.
- June 16-17, 2017 at Southern Appalachian Yearly Meeting and Association (SAYMA) – an introductory 3 hour workshop led by Mary Linda McKinney and Mark Wutka.
- June 2-4, 2017 at the The Maison Quaker in the village of Congénies in the Languedoc region of the south of France. This retreat will be facilitated by Gretta and Jacob Stone as they travel in France to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. Read the flyer for more information.
- May 20, 2017: 1 day event in Sandy Springs, MD, led by Joan and Rich Liversidge.
- April 28, 2017: Weekend event in Fairbanks, AL, led by Cathy and Scott Walling. View flyer for more information.
- April 15, 2017: 1-day event in Hartford, CT, led by John and Debbie Humphries.
- February 11, 2017: Third annual Couple Enrichment Contemplative Retreat, NC, which turned into a one-day event at Carolina Friends School in Durham, NC, led by Marsha and Mike Green.
- January 27-29, 2017 in Ben Lomond Quaker Center near Santa Cruz, CE workshop by Kathy and Jeffrey Richman. For more information email email@example.com
- December 11, 2016 at the Rochester Folk Art Guild, New York, introduction to Couple Enrichment by Maria Gomez-Umana and Jose Gonzalez. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- November 2016: Couple Enrichment Evening Interest Groups – Fairbanks, AK (11/7 and 11/11, 2016). Co-led by Cathy & Scott, Tom & Sharon, and Marsha & Mike.
- November 12-13, 2016 in Ottawa Canada, workshop co-led by Signy Fridriksson & Steve Fick and Jose Gonzalez & Maria Gomez Umana. For more information see our flier or contact email@example.com
- October 29th, 2016 in Fairbanks, Alaska, a 4.5 hour Introductory Workshop will be led by Sharon and Tom Baring. See our flier or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- September 24, 2016: Couple Enrichment Interest Session & Potluck, Durham, NC led by Marsha & Mike
- August 8, 2016 in Castleton, Vermont: At New England Yearly Meeting, an interest group open to all, “Curious About Couple Enrichment?”
- July 16 and 17, 2016 in Ottawa Canada, Introduction to Couple Enrichment, a weekend retreat led by Signy Fridriksson and Steve Fick and co-led by Jose Gonzalez and Maria Gómez-Umaña. For more information email nosotrosFCE@gmail.com
- July 6, 2016 in St. Joseph, Minnesota: At the Friends General Conference Gathering, an interest group open to all, “Curious About Couple Enrichment?”
- July 3 to 9, 2016 in St. Joseph, Minnesota: At the Friends General Conference Gathering, “Couple Enrichment from the Heart.”
- May 6-8, 2016. Weekend event at Friends Camp, China, Maine, offered by Jacob & Gretta.
- April, 2016. Weekend event in Fairbanks Alaska, led by Tom & Sharon.
- April 16, 22, and 23, 2016. Three evening sessions offered at PIMA Valley Meeting, Arizona, led by Dan & Jamie
- April 21-23, 2016. Weekend Contemplative Retreat event in Hickory, NC led by Mike & Marsha
- April, 2016. Taster evening En Espanol in Ottawa, Ontario. Led by Maria & Jose.
- April 2016. Couple Enrichment at the Young Adult Conference in Berkeley, CA. Led by Cathy & Scott.
- March-April 2016. 7-Evening session led by Mark & Mary Linda in Nashville, TN.
- February 2016. 1 day event in Caspar, WY, led by Nancy & Phil.